Mr. Beigel

With everything that is going on in this world it's been overwhelming to put my thoughts together and write. So, I decided to write simply by being present in the moment and go with what comes to heart.

I am a thinker, a believer, a dreamer. A leader, a supporter, a friend. To know that there are things out there in the world that might hinder and harm our journey is unbelievable. I thrive to show people things they might have never thought of. Open them to a different world, teach them kindness, teach them how to pay it forward. I can say that I did not expect to be where I am today (which I will go into more detail in a later post) but I am here. I am where I am and I love it. My work consists of being in schools, being around teens and youth. My volunteer work also consists of being around children and kids who are filled with knowledge more than we think (again, another whole subject I can talk about in a later post). I am sure most of the nation is furious to what is going on and I thought to myself, do I really want to write or talk about it in a post. Do I really want to be in this reacquiring cycle... tragic event, thoughts and prayers, Facebook debates, blog posts, nothing is done and all over again. Well, it is more than that. Because I am around these young thinkers, extraordinary characters and these tragedies do hit home.

Schools are a place for education, a place for our children to learn how to be better people, a place where when there’s a natural disaster it’s one of the places for SHELTER. Yet.. the age limit for buying a pack of cigarettes changed from 18 to 21.. When 9/11 happened the government didn't hesitate and changed all security procedures, I can't take in an open water bottle for crying out loud! But here we are today, close to 50 mass shooting already into 2018 and still nothing has changed. 

When we get our drivers license, don't we have to go through a whole process to obtain that? Permit, drivers ed, drivers ed behind the wheel, written test then the finals test. My point here is, if we have to go through that for just a drivers license, then doesn't that mean we need to go through a similar process when obtaining a
weapon. If mental health is what leads to tragedies, this is a whole other topic that is just as important. Providing easier access to mental health programs, easier access to counseling, providing more professionals in our school systems to help with mental issues. Self/personal development and improvement classes and courses. Nurses. Safe zones. That's what these schools need. 



A day where it should've been heart filling, there were only broken hearts. 

We hear you Parkland,Florida. We see you. 
To those teens marching for change, keep marching! 

To Coach Feis and Mr. Beigel, you are true hero's. 
May all victims rest in peace. 



Comments